Thursday, February 26, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
My friend Brooke asked of her blogging friends to follow along with the 25 random things list.
- My favorite color is, and always has been - GREEN.
- I married my high school sweetheart. We've been together since 1975. He still gives me the shivers.
- I absolutely love classical music. WFMT in Chicago is THE number one station on my dial. Except for when I'm working out, it's all I listen to. I'm listening right now.
- My favorite place to be is home. I love my house.
- I read before sleep, without fail.
- I hate scary and/or disturbing movies.
- I think cats are the cat's ass. I'll always have a cat or two...or? My two cats, Tosca and Figaro, think they're the boss of me.
- I wish my sister and I could be closer. Her life is her kids, my life is the library. When her kids are grown, I plan to hang out with her lots more. Most times I just plain miss her.
- Good literary fiction is the best fun there is to have. I can't deny the bliss of being over my head inside a good book.
- I love to write. I didn't know that until about a month ago.
- I drool over a good dirty martini.
- I love to sit with a glass of wine, a box of cheezits and a good book. Cheezits are my favorite reading food.
- I'm an idiot for chocolate.
- I have a pretty positive outlook on life. It's laugh or cry. I choose to laugh.
- But...when I'm bummed, you can hear it in my voice. When I'm blue, I can't hide it. I just need to work it out.
- I have a strong faith, have ever since I was a child. And I believe in Heaven too. But I have a bit of an issue with organized religion. I think people should live and let live when it comes to personal faith. I also find pushy/upity Christians a bit of a turn off. I believe in God. It's as simple and as wonderful as that. And I respect your beliefs, and wish you peace.
- I wish I had the strength of will to live a vegan lifestyle.
- In the summer time I grow an incredible herb garden. I'm really missing it right about now. All the pesto I put up in the freezer is long gone. I'm over-wintering a few pots of herbs in the house. They look so sad; they're missing summer, just like I am.
- I love wearing skirts. I pretty much hate pants, only wear them out of necessity.
- My kids are my biggest accomplishment in life. They're three amazing young adults, and I'm really proud of them.
- I'm typically not a nut over babies. I don't go all crazy over every baby I see. There's some though, that I can't resist.
- I'm the oldest of two. And I have a hard time with the fact that my parents see me as a kid just like I do with my own kids. When my mom refers to me and my sister as "children" it drives me mad. It's my problem though. I understand why she does it. I do it too.
- When I was in third grade my parents took me and my sister to the outdoor movie theater to see Night of the Living Dead. That movie scared the shit out of me. Still does. I've never been able to watch it again, only that one time. Maybe that's why I hate scary movies. Thanks Mom and Dad. (now that's random)
- On the outside I look organized, but open any drawer in my house and you'll see it's all smoke and mirrors. My mom made me keep my closets and drawers clean when I was a kid. I couldn't rebel then or I'd be grounded. But I do rebel now.
- I'm really pretty damn good at decorating a Christmas tree. I cried when I took my tree down this year. It was gorgeous. I still miss it.
Now you know me, what about you?
Page set up on blogger drives me nuts. I don't know if I'll ever figure out how to get the spacing feature down pat. Have a good Monday everyone!