Thursday, November 4, 2010

a kick in the pants from mom...


You need to get back on your blog.
You inspire a lot people.
I hope you get back to it soon.
We all miss you.
Love,
Mom
xoxo

This was the first email I read when I opened my inbox this morning. Okay, I don't know about the inspiration part - if that's the case then I'm uber humbled. But what I DO know is that I totally miss spending time here. Writing. Reading other blogs I enjoy.

I don't know how it happened. How I managed to let ALL of October go by with nary a word or whisper from me. One of my favorite months of the year simply breezed past me, probably you too. Funny thing is, I think about blogging every day. Many times a day, as a matter of fact. Ideas for blog posts multiply in my mind, but time gets the best of me and those ideas fade, never making it to the page.

Gosh I hate how time flies! That thought was running through my head as I drove to the library this morning. October, November, December...my very favorite time of year. And once those months are over we seem to be in a rush to have it be summer again. I wondered, what to do to make a day feel longer? How to put the brake pedal on our clock of days?

Awareness. I believe that's where the answer lies. In being aware, as best we can, of every living moment of our day. Looking in the mirror at our sleepy selves in the early morning and saying outloud"hello world, what do you have in store for me today?" (note: sounds crazy, but I do it. everyday.) And then paying attention all day long, 'til night time falls upon us once more. Then taking out that gratitude journal and listing our blessings, thinking back on what the day delivered.

Minute by minute, all the hours of the day. Just being aware of how time flies. Forcing ourselves to savor the moment...

Whew...thanks Mom! Thanks for the wake up call! And thank you, for meeting me here. Please know that I do not take that for granted. And if it's okay with you, I'd love to share November with you. Right here in blogosphere:)

Blessings,
-t.

4 comments:

  1. YES, we have missed you. Don't fret about the time that has passed but embrace the time in the future. I was a blog-slacker in October but I'm happy to be back in the saddle again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is one WISE woman :D Missed your words too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my girl.... Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Back!! Time has a funny was of grabbing a hold of us and not letting us go. I often have to stop and say to time, "I am in charge here, not you," and really relish in what the day is offering. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete