- friends. book club friends. library friends. roberta. peggy. carolyn. nans. my little sister cyndi. nancy k. irene. so many more. how did i ever manage to deserve such collegial bounty?
- my job. the opportunities it presents. books. programs. trips. people. i live my dream each day of the week. and i get paid for it.
- my husband. my high school sweetheart. his love. his support and help. the fact that at 6 a.m. he got up and shovelled the drive and then came in and cleaned our bathroom. i'm such a slob and he's my absolute perfecto polar opposite. but he always says "we make a great team." i love you D.
- coming home tonight after a wintry wonderful bus trip day to a quiet house, a glass of pinot (or three) white cheddar popcorn and a good book (wideacre - philippa gregory's first novel - cheezy, but i'm in my "free read" zone)
- looking forward to my annual holiday book club luncheon tomorrow - amazingly wonderful women who are SO MUCH fun to be with. i. simply. can't. wait.
- writing. because when you do it, you can do it however you want. simple, or complex.
- thinking each day that, although i don't always write, it's there waiting for me for when i allow the time.
- seeing the pabst mansion for the very first time and feeling alive with inspiration at what surrounded me.
- my antique shop steals - two shiver my spine pictures that hid away in wait, only for me to find them.
- the fact that my friends won't let my granola dream die, no matter how much i push it off. thank you.
my slightly wine-soaked head's headed for the sofa. my favorite christmas quilt. a pillow to rest my head. those cheezy "fa la la la la lifetime" christmas movies. and quiet. peace in my life. rest. and getting ready for tomorrow when i celebrate with friends. friends in books. what better friends could there be.
tomorrow is st. nicholas eve. get your list ready:)