Saturday, August 22, 2009

to market, to market...

am into hour six of making granola
labels have been designed
packages filled
chocolate, banana, apples, pecans,
walnuts, almonds, blueberries
cinnamon, it's spicy, irresistible scent,
wafting through my kitchen
windows open to an august night
that whispers october
on the boob-tube in my kitchen
kevin bacon dances to footloose
in the oven goes the last batch of granola
for the night...
while a dozen loaves of zucchini bread
wait their for a spot inside my overworked oven
cats snuggled up in a chair in a corner
of the kitchen
tomorrow i take the first steps
toward a number on my list
farmers' market in richmond
and after that, tyler's birthday party
and of course, as tradition rules,
the birthday cake which is my creation
transformers optimus prime
the flat-bed super hero of my little
grandson's heart
timer's ringing
time to stir a batch
of blueberry pecan crumble granola
my own creation
my own dream...
luv.
-t.
thanks cyndi for participating in "grocery gauntlet"
thanks girls for last night...
julie & julia, dinner at d&j bistro, a waltz through
williams sonoma,
snapshots of a simply perfect evening:)
thanks hubby for disappearing for the weekend
so that i could just be me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment