Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One day in the middle of a week...


Wednesday...
from the start, a pretty good day
everything going well... typical I guess
my daily trip to the gym
watching my Ella Starr at her swim lesson
my wild, wonderful Ella
living her little life largely with reckless abandon
peeking in on my Tyler Bean in his preschool class
stealing an unscheduled hug
day progressing...work
plans for the upcoming programming season filled in on my calendar in ink
just going through a regular day
tonight a meeting...time spent with a woman I so admire
a woman whose daughter suffers young with cancer
invasive, devastating, defeating
those of us who know her well share words of comfort and hope
touching bases with my son
inquiring about a cold he's been sacked with
tensions he's under with school, sports
home...hubby waiting with a hug and a smile
and news
a neighbor dear to us wrestles with illness that threatens his life
one of my son's high school team mates
age 20 at best
is living his last days
his battle with cancer ending in defeat
me...sitting with my husband
quiet, sad, shocked, stunned
us, blessed
that we have each other to hold onto
when life makes us smile
providing the promise of each other
for when tears speak the words that our hearts cry out
me, vowing yet again
to never take any of it for granted
ever.

be gentle, look up, reach out

-t.



2 comments:

  1. Life is so very precious and this is tenderly written. My thoughts are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most important difference between a Mini DANIEL BOON format and a regular digital video is that Mini DANIEL BOONE DVD record video and image into a mini DANIEL BOONE DVD COLLECTION disc, whereas others record into a DV Tape. There are a lot of inherent advantages to this.
    There comes the gate of the uk Tiffany world. Let us begin the marvelous and intriguing journey, with great expectation. silver accessories , just like the sorcerer with some mighty magic in their hands, bring about vivid life to Tiffany sets . These pieces of silver sets look so lovely as some cute pet or fairy, which can communicate with you fluently by heart.

    ReplyDelete