Sunday, January 31, 2010

dreams are necessary to life...


i write sleepy, feeling a bit worn out tonight. i'm glad that january is at its point of exhaustion, february taking its place with a whole new set of days. for all the wonder that january was - heart stoppping moments, all the soul's emotions played out over 30 bone chilling days - the curtain closes. and yeah, the month's worthy of a standing ovation, but i'm ready for a new cast of days.

in the waning hours of this most memorable january, i've enjoyed blessed time with my grandbeans. spent precious hours with my dad. watched that silly tear jerker monkey movie, project x, with him but quickly headed out the door before the sad part at the end. and my babies - dancing in my kitchen with ella, spinning her, my princess buttercup, singing disney songs. the scent of gingerbread pancakes from breakfast lingering in the air. listening as my tyler bean navigates an imaginary race track, motoring his matchbox cars across invisible finish lines. gathering with my book club gals to catch up, my soul filled with the delight i find in their company.

a perfect send off for january, i'd say. and welcome to february. my goals for the month? to work even harder, commit myself even more so, to my physical health. get my ass to the gym and meet my five day weekly minimum goal. eat clean and honest. lend concentration to my good health. focus on love this month (you know, with valentines and all?). give a little more of myself to the ones i love. show myself some love by spending time doing what i love - writing, cooking. get back into working on my jewelry, stuff like that. dreamy, just the thought of it.

i wish you 28 days of life as you wish it, doing what you love to do and loving yourself for doing it. i sent my grandbeans to sleep last night saying, " close your eyes and think of all of the things you love. think hard now, picture it. there now, go to sleep, dream. and what you love will be there waiting for you. in your dreams." to you i say, close your eyes and picture what you love. your life over the course of the next month. dream over it. then open your eyes and follow where your dreams lead. that's what i'm going to do. dream, believe, and get ready to wake up and find that my dreams have come true.

buenos noches...
-t.
a dream is a wish your heart makes
when you're fast asleep
in dreams you lose your heartaches
whatever you wish for, you keep
have faith in your dreams and someday
your rainbow will come smiling thru
no matter how your heart is grieving
if you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

(the song princess buttercup and i danced to - inspiration for my post tonight)



No comments:

Post a Comment