My blog has consumed my thoughts for weeks on end. I've had so many ideas for posts, so many thoughts that have inspired me to write, but alas I neglected to set aside the time to just do it. That's one of the items on my list of resolutions, new practices, healthy habits for the New Year - write, write often, write confidently, write with reckless abandon.
The way I see it, if something's on my mind on a continual basis, many times throughout each and every day, then this "something" is in dire need of attention. That's how I feel about writing. I think about it ALL of the time. I go throughout my day wishing I could just sit and write, wishing I could write well, thinking about words to use. I long to write and to write well, AND to make it a habit - a daily habit. Even if 20 minutes a day is all that I can commit, commit I shall.
That said, and like so many others at this time of "fresh start, new beginnings, blank pages and bold resolutions," I cast my list of aspirations for 2010 to the page.
- Develop the writer within. (I'm convinced she's there, laying in wait with a sharp pencil that's itching to scratch a page)
- Commit to following a health sustaining lifestyle - whole foods, organic as much as possible (I'll be writing much on this in the days and weeks ahead)
- Stick to the recently re-introduced practice of daily exercise (what a stress buster - I'd almost forgotten how much!)
- Travel West (for real this time). I have a tentative trip to Sedona planned for April. I AM NOT cancelling this one!
And most important on my list this year...
- Slow down and enjoy the scenery. I've been through a VERY challenging year - professionally and personally. I made it through the stress, but its effects scare me a little bit.
This is a big year for me. You too. I'd love to hear about your plans for 2010 - your resolutions, your dreams. I'm excited about a whole new calendar of days, all 365 of them. A new decade, fresh start, clean slate. I'm happy for you too, your plans for the coming year. Happy New Year to us...oh the places we'll go in 2010!
There are years that ask questions and years that answer.
What kind of year will this be for you?
Committed to the promises I'm making to myself,
Photo...a path in the forest preserve. Appropriate, I thought, for this post.