Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello Ordinary, I kind of missed you!


Making a list, getting things done. That's how I'll begin to incorporate peace in my life today. Balance the checkbook, make a grocery list ...aren't the things we typically consider mundane the true blessings in life? Getting up, grabbing my coffee and getting to work...what a gift. As much as I love the holidays, I welcome the order of life - the peace of an ordinary day. No gifts to shop for or wrap. No more cookies to bake (or eat, actually. Most of what's left is a bit stale - perfect for my feathered friends on the other side of my window!). No more guilt over the cards that didn't get sent or the crafty gifts I couldn't seem to finish. I'll have plenty of time to finish those little projects and present them as birthday gifts later in the year.


Later I'll get together with my sis for lunch and thank my lucky stars for the time we share - a particular sparkle to an otherwise ordinary (picture perfect) day. Today I'm going to be "intensely indulgent" in the perfect beauty of today, just as it is. A blessing.

-t.
p.s. Be sure to undulge yourself a bit today too! If I hadn't indulged in a bite of chocolate, I might have missed this important message:)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you!!! I missed ordinary too. I just dropped my folks off at the airport. Phew... it will be nice to get back to normal :)
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete