Friday, March 27, 2009

Read a good book lately?

It's been such a busy week. I'm sure you're feeling it too. For goodness sake, life never slows down, does it? This week busy means good though. It means busy with people, my library life and all of the wonderful people I share my time with there, the needs of my family, getting through that crazy book that I hated and then loved.

This is good stuff - life. Even when it's hard, still good. Because we have each other. And right now that's what's important. It's what gets us through. And those people, those everyday angels are found in the most peculiar places, aren't they? You never know when a friend, a confidant is right around the corner ready to listen, share your troubles or what not. That's how it's been for me. Here. At my job in the library. Books have introduced me to the most amazing people. And like that book that's assigned for book club. The one that you never would have picked up had it not been a "have to," a book club book. I would never have known these incredible women had I not opened my mind and my heart. To something new.

Thank God for good books.
That God for the good people that he has blessed me so richly with.
Thank you.
-t.

2 comments:

  1. Almost done with the Knitting Circle and loving it! I'm traveling for work next week and I'm trying to figure out what book to take with me.

    P.S. I'm so glad that I have met you through B.C. and all of the other ladies, such an amazing, diverse group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading the Knitting Circle too... just started. Melissa is giving me hope that it gets better. I am having trouble getting into it....
    Ditto Melissa on the book club. It is an amazing group of women... and I love that it has gotten me back into reading books - I mean other than just nursery rhymes :)

    ReplyDelete